Monday, October 9, 2017

Breast Cancer Awareness

          Today I have a Creation for 2 Challenges, The Time Out Challenge & The Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge. The Time Out Challenge was to make a Breast Cancer themed creation and the Mix It Up Challenge was to use both Ellen Hutson and Altenew products together. Both sounded like lots of fun for me...and it turned out they were. The Time Out Challenge wants everyone to just take Time Out and create, which is not much of a challenge for me but since I am right in the middle of my Breast Cancer treatment and I am feeling really good....it was even less of a challenge, especially for this creation😊.

          I knew I wanted to watercolor my project, so I used the Cloves and Honey Pretty in Pink dot card with 3 colors. I started by painting the Ellen Hutson ribbon die from her Courage Set (this set donates $25 from every single set to BCRF) and then painting the same colors on the left side of my project. Then I embossed the large image from the Altenew/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Fabulous You Set (I think this one might be sold out....forever) with Altenew’s Golden Peach Embossing Powder.






I decided the ribbon needed something extra, so I cut two more and then embossed those also then put them behind the watercolored one, just peeking out behind. I chose my sentiment from the Awareness Ribbon Set #1 from A Creative Journey with Melissa (ACJWM).....this quote is very accurate to how I have felt many times during this journey....so THANK YOU, MELISSA! 

I was going to make this into a card, but I 
like it so much I think I will attach it to this white wood block with a ribbon on top and hang it by my crafting area.

Thank you so much for visiting my creative place today, this project and these Challenges were perfect timing for me and this creation.

If you want more info on either of these challenges you can click on their names below. If you need a little extra inspiration I would recommend both of these also. There are many beautiful creations by the Design Teams And the entries. For the Mix It Up Challenge you will need to click on Challenges or the Mix It Up Challenge gadget to get there. Hope you have a great week -Jodi

Mix It Up Challenge Time Out Challenge

5 comments:

  1. What a clever card. I like the pinks you used a lot! Such pretty shimmer too. Thank you for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that gold embossing is so pretty on your ombre watercolors! Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I love the combination of pink and gold - and the ombre watercolour is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, yes! this does deserve to be a spotlight in your craft-room! Gorgeous! A daily reminder of your strength is just perfect! Hope you are doing oh-so-well!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning prize at Time Out see blog for details

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

SWEET WINTER WISHES

          Hello and TGF😊! I have a card to share today that has probably come together faster than any I have ever made, and it is for two ...